Sunday, August 20, 2023

mirror mirror mon amour


 







When I was modelling, I spent half my life staring at thousands of perfect reflections. It got to a stage where I was losing all sense of reality, so after I quit modeling, I took all the mirrors out of my house.

- Grace Jones, 1981, on sitting shiva for her media-ghostified self





































"Who can account for facial expressions made in a mirror of people?" - Iggy Pop



Nightclubbing we're nightclubbing
We're what's happening
Nightclubbing we're nightclubbing
We're an ice machine

Nightclubbing we're nightclubbing
We walk like a ghost
We learn dances brand new dances
Like the nuclear bomb


Written by Sting, covered by Grace but could equally have done for Iggy - it's almost like a rewrite of "Search and Destroy" 















"it only takes a camera to change her mind"































No comments:

Post a Comment

Glam Raiders / Glitter Ravers

Sampling from Kenny 's "The Bump" (ooh and right at the end a tiny bit of Steppenwolf) Space Raiders almost seem like a belat...